- Articles, e-books & more
- EBSCO A-Z
- Union Catalog
- UL E-resource repository
- Google Scholar
The Library of the University of Latvia As a Source of New Ideas and Innovations
The Library of the University of Latvia as the biggest library of the higher education establishments in Latvia is a source of innovations and knowledge for more than 15 000 students, for the UL academic staff of 13 faculties and 20 research institutes.
The Library offers a wide range of information resources, modern library's services and research studies.
There are over 2 760 000 annual visitors and more than 657 600 books borrowings in the Library per year. The Library offers traditional and electronic information resources for more than 35 500 Library's users and pays attention to the development of electronic resources collection. About 2 million printed information resources are available there, and more than 150 000 subscribed electronic resources of different scientific fields as well. The Library provides the open access and different trial access to databases.
The Library is the scientific establishment that encourages and promotes the Open Access initiative through the Projects OpenAire and OpenAire+ in Latvia. The Library supports and contributes much in the institutional e-resources' repository of the University of Latvia.
The Library provides information about scientific and intellectual achievements of the academic staff worked for the University of Latvia by creating bibliographic databases of scientific publications and theses. One of the most important aims of the Library's activities is to promote users' information literacy by providing online presentations, training sessions, consultations about the Library's services and resources.
The Library offers the democratic library environment and services for studies and research by using modern Library's technologies. The Library is constantly seeking options to develop the modern and user's friendly environment.
Everyone is welcome to the Library of the University of Latvia included 10 branches libraries, one of them is the Research Library - Library at the Kalpaka Boulevard - located in heart of Riga's center, in historical building of first mayor of Riga Ludwig Wilhelm Kerkovius. The combination of the Research Library and the Research Centre for humanities and social science is an innovative model for the research work in the functionally appropriate place in Latvia.
- Trial Access of De Gruyter e-journals 04.04.2017
- Exhibition of works by Sanita Čevere and Anda Lase at the Library at Kalpaka Boulevard 11.11.2016
- Trial Access to De Gruyter eBooks 14.09.2016
- European Pharmacopoeia – new reference work in the pharmaceutical industry 06.09.2016
- Exhibition of paintings by Ingrīda Irbe and her pupils at the Library at Kalpaka Boulevard 22.04.2016
- “Treasures of the Library” from the Collection of Professor of the University of Latvia, zoologist, Dr. Embrik Strand 18.04.2016
- Exhibition “Publications of the University of Latvia 2015” opened within the framework of the 74th Conference 01.03.2016